Welcome to the Wild Side, a podcast that discusses the world of modern employee relations ten minutes at a time. This podcast is one of the key issues that establish the best companies, in terms of employee relations, from the rest. In this episode, host Alan Wild speaks to identifying and managing employee relations risk. Alan is the Global Affairs Director of the HR Policy Association, the leading voice of chief human resources offices today.
What makes an exceptional employee relations person? The ability to assess resources and strategically move them to a company's risk centers. It's about managing what you have and how you build on it that matters. Exceptional employee relations people are at their very best when the worst happens. Whether that is in collective bargaining, strike action, a corporate campaign, or a trade union recognition management. And, we are often judged by our ability to resolve crises but the most exceptional amongst us are those that prevent crises from happening and are the most prepared to deal with them if and when they do. Let’s look at how we can get the respect, trust, and the ear of business leaders to get the funding we need.
- Enterprise employee relations risk mapping. [3:31]
- Mapping out a company’s global footprint. [5:36]
- Identifying a company's internal and external risks. [6:47]
- Commonalities of countries with high internal risk. [8:53]
- 10 current global events with the potential to put all companies at risk. [9:41]